On 1st July 2015 the Governing Body was reconstituted in line with DfE and Kent County Council recommendations and is now made up of:
- 2 Parent Governors
- 5 Co-opted governors
- 1 Authority governor
- 2 Foundation governors
- 1 Ex-Officio Foundation governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 Staff
The Full Governing Body meets three times a year to discuss and report on all key aspects of the school.
In addition, the FGB has four sub-committees
There are four main additional sub-committees and an additional two that meet as and when requested. Governors are allocated to a committee relevant to skills in order to monitor and evaluate standards against the School Improvement Plan.
- Finance (including Personnel)
- Buildings (responsible for agreeing and overseeing building maintenance and school grounds)
- Worship and Safeguarding (responsible for monitoring and promoting our school’s Christian core values which serve to underpin our Christian ethos and Safeguarding)
- SIP, Inclusion and Curriculum (responsible for monitoring the standards of teaching and learning within our school)
The above sub-committees meet at least 3-6 times a year to discuss their areas of responsibility in more detail, this information then being fed back to the FGB. We also have committees that meet as and when required to consider pupil discipline and Headteacher Performance Management.