We have a dedicated computer suite of sixteen computers with adjustable chairs so that pupils from Reception to Year 6 can benefit from using the suite comfortably and safely.
Our ICT suite allows every pupil to have planned lessons which enhance pupils leaning using up to date technology. Every class has a weekly morning or afternoon slot in the suite to learn discrete ICT skills. The suite is also used additionally in all other subjects to enhance the children’s enjoyment of leaning by using ICT.
Each classroom also has it’s own computer, laptop and an interactive board. Our library has three computers for research.
We have a weekly after school ICT club where pupils can practice the skills they have learnt during the school day.
A daily lunchtime ‘Skoodle’ (social networking and web design) club is also open to all pupils in KS2.
Click here for more details about mediated, safe social networking on Skoodle and/or to logon to your Skoodle account: www.skooville.com/
ICT projects we are proud of this year include:
- We use Nintendo DS ‘brain training’ to improve our mental maths, literacy and memory skills.
- We have used our web cams and flash meeting to communicate with other schools.
- We are using our class email accounts to communicate with each other and help each other with work outside of school.
- Cross curricular work using our range of multimedia software:
- Comic life to create professional quality comics on a range of subjects
- 2Simple to publish work
- ZU3D to create animations
- Scratch to practice control and monitoring skills
- Windows Movie Maker to create and edit short films